Aimed at invigorating the next generation of community and philanthropic leaders, the Young Philanthropists are becoming involved in philanthropy by working together to build an endowment fund called The Future Fund. Through annual contributions of $125 per person, the fund is being built so that annual grants may be made to interest areas that concern the members.
Social events for members make group membership a fun and inviting way to help our community. Events are typically held each year
in June and September, with a grant reception in December. This group is comprised of a cross section of the community who find value in grantmaking to local charitable causes and are working together to address community needs.
Annual Grant Reception [Members Only Event] - View Invitation
December 5 at 5:30 pm
at Illinois Association of REALTORS®
The 2013 grant of $7,000 will be awarded at the reception.
View past grant awards
Download the brochure (PDF file)
Click here to print the membership form and send it to the Community Foundation office:
Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln
205 South Fifth Street, Suite 930
Springfield, IL 62701
You can also join online by visiting our Make a Donation page.
View our Young Philanthropists Photo Gallery.
[photographs courtesy of Westlake Photography]
Young Philanthropists members:
- Must be over the age of 21 and "young at heart".
- Attend social events at unique local venues such as Henson Robinson Zoo, Brinkerhoff Home, Illinois State Museum and members' homes.
- Vote on the issue area that the grant will support each year.
- Make "giving back" part of their lives through a theme of leadership, friendship and philanthropy.
- Can volunteer to serve on the grant committee in the fall of each year.
- Must be generous, friendly, and want to have fun!
Sarah Beuning, Chair
Jennifer M. Ascher